Ministry of Culture and Tourism to give the award to the 15 airports that have the best toilets. This event is a form Sapta Pesona efforts to develop industry and tourism through the toilet facilities.
"This program is already included in budget 2009. Rating will start in May and the award in October," said Director of Community Development Directorate General destinations Culture and Tourism Ministry of Tourism Bakri in Jakarta.
Bakri explained, the assessment will be conducted by the institutions, community representatives, media electronic/newspaper, and experts who competent in the toilet. The assessors, the Association of Indonesian House Keeping, media representatives, Toilet Association of Indonesia, the Indonesian Consumer Foundation Institute (YLKI), the Ministry of Health, Ministry of State Owned Enterprises, and Culture And Tourism departement.
The assessment process is only made to the international airport. For many tourists, especially foreigners, will come through the international airport. From there, intrepetation on Indonesia at the start of hygiene and comfort when using the toilet. "Not as much as what equipment is used, but how invesment in care toilet use," he said.
Airport planned entry in the assessment:
1. Ngurah Rai Airport, Denpasar
2. Sultan Syarif Kasim Airport II Pekanbaru
3. Hang Nadim Airport, Batam
4. Soekarno-Hatta Airport , Banten
5. Sepinggan Airport, Balikpapan
6. Hasanuddin Airport, Makassar
7. Juanda Airport, Surabaya
8. Sam Ratulangi Airport, Manado
9. Airports Minangkabau, Padang
10. Supadio Airport, Pontianak
11. Polonia Airport, Medan
12. Airports Eltari, Kupang
13. Airports Selaparang, Mataram
14. Adisucipto Airport, Jogjakarta
15. Airport Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II, Palembang
( source kompas.com )